Aug 13 2007

Lovely As a Tree

Published by at 9:58 pm under My Creations

Hello!! I just love this set. I haven’t used it in SOOOO long! I am so glad I remembered and pulled it out! I wanted to use some of my new Mellow paper so it ended up being and Autumn tree! But who dosen’t like Autumn right!? lol! 🙂 Pretty easy card, but just fun to use some old stamps!

I LOVE this new SU taffeta ribbon too! It’s sooo gorgeous and easy to work with! This is the chocolate, but I have the grey and white too! 🙂 This was also the first time using my new sentiments set too. I ordered it when it was a pre order..sheesh…wasn’t that months ago! 🙂

Remember, tomorrow at midnight is the last day to enter my Lizzie Anne Designs contest!!  You can either click HERE or scan down for details! Thank you to everyone who’s sent in samples!!

I thought I’d let you know too that there’s a little sale going over at my store if you wanna check it out! 🙂 Have a great day!

congratstree1.JPG

Supplies

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree and Hugs and wishes (SU)

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie, Always Artichoke (SU)

Cardstock: Vanilla, Chocolate Chip (SU)

Designer Paper: Mellow (Basic Grey)

Accessories: Pewter Brads, Paper Piercing Tool, Chocolate Chip Marker, Chocolate Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge, Blender pen

22 Responses to “Lovely As a Tree”

1. Allison says:

Great…my fav set (well, unless there is a “flavor of the week” I am attached to!).

2. This is stunning Linz! I was t hinking of selling my set the other day and now I’m thinking I’ll just hang on to it a little longer!

3. flossie says:

OMG, this card is awesome, the stamping and coloring is fantastic.

4. Kimmie says:

Wow, this is lovely Lindsey!! Lovely as a Tree perhaps??? Heehee! I don’t have this set……I keep holding out but I keep seeing such awesome cards with it! And I LOVE your Mellow paper!! I gotta git me some!! Aaack!!

5. Great coloring in the tree. Looks so lovely against that Mellow paper.

6. Jana says:

Pretty!!!!!!! Love the watercoloring and the leaves stamped on the top edge.
    Great job Linds.

7. trudee says:

oh this is so yummy and fall-ish!! ahhh I can almost smell that air!! 🙂 nice soft coloring on the leaves, Linz!!

8. Beautiful card! Very simple looking and great colors.

9. Michele says:

Oooohhhh this is so pretty! I have this set and never know what to do with it! Now I am inspired!

10. lacyquilter says:

That tree looks wonderful with that paper.

11. Bonnie aka raduse says:

Wow! Awesome coloring and love that paper.

12. Shel9999 says:

SO pretty, Lindsey! Love the paper choices, the colors on the tree and the brads!! Oh, and the ribbon! 🙂

13. This is just gorgeous!!! I love it!!!

14. Angel says:

Mmm… I love this set too, may have to dust it off as you have inspired me!

15. Jenny says:

((waving hello)) I just got my issue of Paper Made Easy and you are all over it, girl. Awesome cards! Can’t wait to see what you have in store for their sister mag (since this one is no longer) Love to see your work here, but it is so kewl to see it in the magazines–You Rock!

16. Beth says:

Oh, my! This actually makes me feel a bit cooler (if indeed, it was cool in the Fall in Alabama- I miss my East Tennessee Autumns.) The coloring is beautiful and the layout so elegant. I truly love this card!!!!

17. Rose Ann says:

This is so beautiful! I love how you colored that tree, and the patterned paper is so pretty as well!

18. Beautiful tree!! (I will get caught up on comments soon, I promise!)

19. Dee says:

Totally gorgeous!!

20. What a great card, Lindsey! I just love to see anything made with sets that aren’t brand spanking new. Of course, I love the new stuff, too, but it’s so great to see these sets that have been around for awhile being made to look fabulous again with new papers, colors and other ideas. Wonderful!